Sunday, October 9, 2016

Life update

I was reading everyone else's blogs and is it just me or does our family just like to blog about health problems.  :)

Life is moving at a very brisk pace for us.  Heidi's birthday was yesterday and we took it easy.   I felt bad but I had to hold an open house for a house I am trying to sell for a friend at work.  I also took another friend to go look at a house in Stone Oak.  Noone showed up at the Open house except for their neighbor and the neighbor's Mom.  

We are off tomorrow and have a full slate of things we would like to get done.  I need to add some bamboo flooring below the tv.  We had another leak in our house in the same spot from either the solar panel people or the roofers.  Neither one is taking responsibility but luckily the roofers fixed all around the area on the roof and they would lift up the carpet which was wet and replace the padding if it was moldy.  

We brought our car into a repair shop for the sixth time to get the smell out.  At the time that we bought it back from USAA we paid $2,500 for it and $2,000 in repairs.  We only repaired it because they said they would get the smell out and after the 6th time they still hadn't....so I think we are going to wait till December and drive it to my parents to sell in Spring, where there arent' as many hail-damaged cars.  Hopefully, we get between $4K to $4.5K out of it.  I thought about going after the owner and his promise but know the owner is an inactive member of the church and did his best to get out the smell, it isn't an avenue worth pursuing.  

The Elder's Quorum lesson was pretty insightful.  Think of our family in terms of emotional, spiritual, physical and educational needs.  I was thinking the bubble that keeps out evil things and helps us focus our family activities on Christ is a great thing not to be disparaged by those inside our outside of our faith.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the house damage, but if we have to have challenges, I'm glad it's not anything more serious. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete