Sunday, April 26, 2015

Another Week

Well, life is general is moving on.  There are always special projects of analyzing information at work which keeps me constantly busy.  Susan closed on her 4 acre plot of land which was exciting.  They have big plans for it.  I am grateful for our house.  Grandma and Carol came over and we went through some of our acestors' pictures.  It was neat to see the James and Snodgrass relatives and grandfathers and grandmothers and to hear Grandma's one-liners about each of them--some of which weren't that nice.

Grandma made a comment that Heidi didn't know when she married me that we were going to live in such a big house.  I didn't envision this either.  I just walked into a good job.  We have been trying off and on to plant avocado trees from the seeds but haven't got any to give roots yet.  We will keep trying.  Wouldn't mind planting some pecan, avocado, and peach trees in the back.  We have some work to do to spruce up our yard.

We have been warming up for the BYU alumni 5K run.  I have a much longer stride than Heidi so I might not be running.  At least it will be good exercise though :).  I also signed up for the Helotes Market days, which is basically a book of mormon desk at a farmer's market. I think the focus has been family history as of late.

Heidi gave a good talk today about the need for the Book of Mormon.  After reading about President Benson's scathing words about the need to repent for our lack of use of it in our family, I figure I should redouble my efforts to use it in my personal scripture study.

More than anything I am just trying to put Christ more in my life.  As I do that I have felt that all of the other potential problems I might go through will dissipate.  

2 comments:

  1. You are a good man, a good husband, and a good father. I admire and respect your service and your faithfulness. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your run! The kids would have enjoyed it if they weren't having their youth garage sale for Nauvoo.

    ReplyDelete