Sunday, May 3, 2015

A good week

Well, we had a lot of special projects at work.  Quite a bit of my time goes to provide information on various data scenarios to provide information in a way that would be useful to our CEO.  GAAP numbers does not provide meaningful information to real estate consumer in the industry.

I haven't been able to have a meaningful scripture study since we started exercising at night.  I've found that lunchtime works great and I have a half an hour to really study the scriptures in addition to listening to things on the way to work.

As I have done this, I have felt more promptings.  I asked Mike for some training wheels before I bought some online and he just happened to find some at a ward garage sale.  Also when I was getting some free water barrels, I asked the seller about the basketball hoop that was there and she said that we could have it.  Carter loves basketball hoops and will bring it up any time we go to church.  His birthday is coming up.

We watched the movie Insterstellar and I thought it was very thought-provoking, and especially liked the last 30 minutes or so of it.  I liked the thought that love motivates us to do things that we otherwise would be unable to do, but didn't think much of the "they" being their species in the future to create the wormhole.  That was somewhat confusing. It was interesting to think about the time differential,but aging doesn't affect resurrected bodies, so that is a moot point.

I had some interesting thoughts as I was praying last night.  Heidi has been through more in her life than anyone I know, including ailments in just about every part of her body.  For her to be the person who she in spite of that says a lot about her.  Even more so, to see Heavenly Father have to watch somebody go through those things is a type of what Heavenly Father had to do for his Son Jesus Christ.


1 comment: