Sunday, May 24, 2015

Days of the Bachelor

Well, Heidi left with the kids to California, but the good news is that she is coming back. :) She called me a few times to stay awake. She should arrive any minute.  Surprisingly, she didn't leave a list of things for me to do...however, I did make a list and it sure is long. Mold has been especially present on the stone on our house and brick fence.  We need to pressure wash and spray a bleach solution on it.

I walked to church today, which takes me about 5 minutes and somebody stopped to give me a ride because they thought my car broke down...The church speakers did a great job talking about hastening, which has been interpreted all the way from technology, kids doing family history, and the lowering of mission ages.

When Dad mentioned his cougar dream, it reminded me of an experience mentioned today concerning Hugh B Brown.  He was about to become a millionaire and wasn't sure if it was the right thing for him.  So he prayed and prayed as if he was fighting the devil all night.  His wife came in and prayed with him.  Then when he went to the office that day on a Saturday and prayed he felt his peace.  When he came home, David O. McKay called and asked if he would be an apostle.  So he left his job and lost out on becoming a millionaire.  However, a few years later someone from his company who had made 7 million dollars said he would give all of it if he had the peace of conscious that he had.

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


3 comments:

  1. Heidi's coming home? That is good. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat story about Hugh B Brown. Not neat about the mold though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I feel like a total idiot. When you said Heidi was coming home, I thought something had happened and she was coming back right then. I didn't realize until just now that you were making a joke. So much good has happened since the bad that I didn't even think of it. I love you and have so much joy in your faith and what the Lord has led you to.

    ReplyDelete