Sunday, March 13, 2016

Another Week

Well, we spent most of yesterday going through Heidi's old boxes and threw away quite a few things.  I feel bad throwing away lots of medicines but they were expired. 


This past week we started sitting down with Carter at night and reading for 15 minutes.  No longer was it difficult to get him to see his prayers.  He says them immediately because he knows a story is coming. I never thought reading with him at night was so exciting for him.  I was surprised when he first started that he already knew some basic words.  He is picking things up really fast and really good at memorizing.


The week before Heidi has given birth to each of our kids has always been difficult. Heidi has swelling feet, back pains, ice munchies, and numbness in her legs and arms.  She was experiencing numbness in her legs and arms and asked for a blessing.  I believe I had already massaged those parts without any luck. So I gave the blessing and said that the numbness would subside.  Soon after I started to see her shaking her legs again, a sign again that she was experiencing numbness.  So I had the prompting to rub the back of her legs and her ciatic area for a minute, which appeared afterwards to cure numbness for the time being.  I haven't really had a blessing like that but it reminded me of the Lord rubbing spittle in the blind man's eyes.  Whether or not it increased faith or the healing was in my hands when I did it, I am not sure but the result worked. When I heard the quote that Brigham Young when giving blessings expected to heal the person receiving the blessing that changed mindset in blessings.  Even though the real healing isn't in the words, the words themselves can increase faith.


I taught a lesson today in Elder's Quorum on Joseph Smith.  There wasn't a lot of new material really that I could tangent on or things I didn't already know about him but interesting enough, it didn't matter.  The questions asked were sufficient to reflect and apply the teachings to their lives.  In addition, I had the prompting to add on the chalkboard what great things the Lord had done through Joseph Smith as well as what sorrow and things he ended up giving up.  That prompted a good discussion about his character which helped whenever we talked about him as a prophet.  Somebody mentioned I should get the Truman Madsen Joseph Smith CDs for my ride to work.  Nobody already has those, do they?





3 comments:

  1. Great insight on faith. Be believing... Yea for Carter. Heidi and your family is in our prayers. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys. Hopefully Heidi can find relief as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete