Sunday, March 20, 2016

Family Visits

Well, we had a good time this weekend having everyone over.  I took of Friday and went to the temple with Grandma, Janet and our parents.  We had a really spiritual time there.  Then, we had to hurry back to my pregnant wife watching all of the kids.  That was really nice of her to let me go.


We went to the Mexican restaurant down the street and ate outside only to have it rain on us.  I tried their spinach enchiladas and I have come to the conclusion that I simply don't like them in general. 


The next day we went kite flying at the church, which was fun for all of the kids.  The wind was so strong that you could just sit there and the wind would pick up the kite.  We brought the Barbie car and one of the gokarts our neighbors gave us and the kids had fun.


I was reading Jacob 5 yesterday and had a good discussion with Mom on the digging, fertilizing, and pruning.  The fertilizing is the reading scriptures, praying, and going to church and the temple.  The pruning is the removing of things that don't add any value towards your journey towards discipleship.  That is a personal thing.  The digging as Mom suggested is the killing of shallow roots, thus sparking a desire for your taproot and other central root system to grow more firmly. This comes as a result of living and experiencing heart-wrenching experiences, helping others go through their experiences, that solidifies your faith in Christ.


I went to church this morning only to realize that I wasn't feeling any better and probably couldn't make it through the final two hours of church.  So I went home and got a long nap, which I needed.  Heidi graciously watched the boys.  I felt really bad because yesterday, Heidi felt the same way but attributed her nausea to pregnancy, which now appears to be a stomach flu. She didn't ask to stay home but was clearly under the weather and slept a bit when we got home.  Sometimes I need to listen more to her needs and not just assume that anything she goes through is pregnancy and doesn't require my help.



2 comments:

  1. Good insights, and we are grateful for the love you have for your family. We were very happy to spend time with you. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about ya'lls stomache flue. Glad you had a good time with everyone in town.

    ReplyDelete