Sunday, August 17, 2014

8/17/2014

Well, what I get out of church and Dad gets out of church is completely different.  Of course, I wonder what would happen if you plop a baby who hasn't napped onto his lap during the meetings? I am sure he has been there already though.

Priesthood meeting we talked about the Holy Ghost again...we did the same lesson two weeks in a row.  I thought a little bit about the word communion.  If I have the opportunity to eat at a dinner table with God and Jesus Christ, why don't I do so.  Why don't I take my fill instead settling on the crumbs that fall from the table.  I have done better obviously, but don't ask for the Lord's help or think how the Lord would handle a situation in all circumstances.

Heidi had a temporary crown put in only to find that a week and a half later it started hurt again.  Luckily we have a great neighbor who came in and did a partial root canal after hours for no cost.. Wow.  Great to have good friends.

I have an excel class that I am teaching on Wednesday and Thursday with out 35 participants...somehow I deleted my ppt slides and IT can't recover them...yikes.  So back to the drawing board.  At least I have my outline.

2 comments:

  1. Call Mike... he can recover almost anything. Bo. Vaughn is a great guy; I'm glad he was able to help Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember many times of getting nothing out of church, except for taking the Sacrament. Then they played with toys and grew into books and finally listened and took notes and felt the Spirit. It was all worth it. I like your thought about the crumbs. Very sorry about your files. You ought to talk to Mike. Kevin says he can retrieve anything. Good luck on your presentation.

    ReplyDelete