Sunday, August 31, 2014

8/31/2014

Well, we are spending time at Grandma and Grandpa's and the kids like all of the new toys.  The familiarity of our home has Halley wanting to go back and be there for some reason.  We ate at Los Tres on Friday and got to see Kevin a little bit.  Kevin and I are going to do frisbee golf tomorrow, which will be nice.  I haven't done anything with Kevin in a long while.

The Lord has been really good to our family.  We were starting to go into the red a little recently; however, the Lord dropped an unexpected pile of money on our lap this last week that put us positive.  I accredit that to the Lord caring about us, our obedience, and paying of tithing.

At church today, after hearing about Jonah, I thought the Lord always knows what's best for us.  Sometimes when we ask for his advice and we second-guess His answer, I am sure he just shakes his head.  His ways sometimes appear to be the most difficult but in fact they make us the strongest.

2 comments:

  1. We were very happy to have you here. Your comments about learning from Jonah are very true. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I wish I could send that last line to a lady in my ward. She bore her testimony about losing her 1 year old and how she was having a hard time wondering why the Lord didn't teach her what she needed to learn with something else. I don't know her that well though, so maybe another time when the topic comes up...

    ReplyDelete