Sunday, August 24, 2014

8/24/2014  Well, my birthday is coming up in two days.  It is crazy that I will be 32.  That seems so close to 40.  We watched Spiderman and Divergent and both were really good; however, Divergent won over.

I gave an excel class for continuing eductation CPA credit and of course slipped up on a few topics that I thought I could "wing"; however, if I were to ever give the class again, it would go pretty smooth.,

I got quite a few things done around the house.  I drained our water heater, which took about 13 hours to drains since it was partially plugged by hard water deposits.  Surprisingly, I turned it back on and there were still clinks within the tank.  So I will have to do it again and if that doesn't work, either get somebody to come in or pour a chemical down the water tube to try and break up the deposits. All my trees and hedges are trimmed, the backyard sprinkler and hoses working, etc.

There is a lump on the back left side of my neck that I need to get looked at.  It could be my posture but even when I am sitting with my head up it still is there, albeit not as much.

I had a prompting to go in Target and Del Taco yesterday since I have been trying to trim back a few areas of spending. We have had a lot of things go wrong with the house when we first bought it, Miles' hospital stay, and as of late several of Heidi's teeth. Del Taco has 59 cent tacos that were better than Taco Bell.  We got food for the whole family for only $10.  Then at Target, Gogurts were on sale, pizzas, and orange juice.

One of the speakers made the comment today that we shouldn't be looking at the clock waiting for the time to go by but that we should be In the moment.  I understood what he was trying to stay.  Sometimes the picture taker isn't spending time with the kids but spending more time tracking what their kids are doing...however, I kind of wished that he might spend a sacrament meeting or two with my kids, while they are tired and hungry and see if he is looking at the clock to know when sacrament meeting ends.  I might go on facebook a little more so I can comply with Elder Bednar's, Elder Nelson's, and Elder Ballard's challenge to talk more about the gospel.

2 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday David!

    We've never tried Del Taco; we'll have to sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Del Taco is way better. I like there chicken soft tacos, but then those are a dollar... Hope the lump is nothing.

    ReplyDelete